Il Baluardo Bed & Breakfast is an exclusive and reserved setting, located in a dominant position between Celle Ligure and Albisola, 50 meters from the sea
A landscape of art and nature, among the ceramics and the Mediterranean vegetation, the glamor of Riviera and the traditions of fishermen, the culture of the past and the Blue Flag of today..
A marvelous territory, between time and space, all to be discovered.
Not to be missed:
- Bottini pinewood, reachable with the modern "lift" located at the beginning of Via Cassisi or by a stairway located at the doors of the B & B
- Chapel of S. Isidoro
- Birth House of Pope Sixtus IV
- Mini golf
- The long, completely pedestrian path that connects Albissola Marina to Arenzano, connecting all the Towns of the Beigua Riviera
- The small marina of Cala Cravieu with equipped small square and all the facilities
Guests of Baluardo will enjoy the treasures of 2 renowned seaside resorts, being exactly halfway between Celle and Albissola.
There is a thin thread that connects the works, the beautiful buildings, the typical fishermen houses the carruggi, the churches that are in the territory of Celle Ligure: beauty. An open-air museum, which accompanies visitors to discover a territory where art, environment and history melt together.
Among the most important works the parish church and the Oratory of San Michele and the Church of the Assumption "ai Piani", with the work of Lucio Fontana.
Located a few km from Celle Ligure, Albissola Marina is a true open-air museum.
Since the 50s the presence of artists, intellectuals, gallerists, among the most important of the time transforms this seaside village in a privileged meeting place with characters such as Lucio Fontana, Aligi Sassu, Milena Milani, Asger Jorn, the Gruppo Cobra.
Even today, Albissola boasts the presence of many circles, galleries, ateliers who support an intense artistic-cultural activity: exhibitions, performances, installations that meet and develop in new forms.
Do not miss the walk of Albissola Marina, decorated with over four million mosaic tiles: one of the most beautiful and precious promenades in the world.
- Villa Faraggiana
- Antica Fornace Alba Docilia
- Mazzotti 1903 Foundation
- Villa Jorn House Museum
The city of "Lanterna" reveals ancient palaces, villas, castles, forts, theaters and museums that tell the story of its thousand-year history: "An unexpected city".
It is necessary to go in without haste to discover flavors, emotions, glimpses, corners, treasures of not immediate evidence.
Not to be missed:
- The Ancient Port with the Aquarium, one of the largest and most spectacular in Italy and in Europe; the Biosphere, designed by Piano that reproduces a tropical environment inside; the Bigo the panoramic lift that has become one of the symbols of the city; the City of children, the largest space in Italy dedicated to gaming, science and technology for children between 2 and 12 years of age
- The historic center of Genoa with its alleys called "caruggi", a place full of history and charm.
- The beautiful Via Garibaldi, with the three historic residences of municipal property: Palazzo Rosso, Palazzo Bianco and Palazzo Doria Tursi.
- The Galata Museo del Mare, the largest maritime museum in the Mediterranean dedicated to the history of navigation.
- The majestic Cathedral of San Lorenzo with the Museum of Treasure of the Cathedral that houses numerous masterpieces including the Holy Basin that the legend identifies with the Holy Grail and the Ashes of St. John the Baptist.
- The Palazzi dei Rolli, the beautiful residences of the Genoese nobility that since 2006 have been recognized by UNESCO as a "World Heritage Site"